Sunday, October 7, 2012

Linked - Lisa Alden


Linked by Lisa Alden
Quick & Dirty:
  • The rules to the new world were hard to swallow
  • The story setup is forced and not very convincing
  • Feels like a setup for a series…one that I won’t be reading
Long & Wordy:
Fair warning: this is a book review, where I will talk about the book.  That means you may find some of this could be classified as a “spoiler”.  Proceed at your own risk.
There were a lot of half thought out rules, for example the idea is this bracelet gets put on and you go to this ghost version of our world for an hour at seven everyday.  What happens at daylight savings?  Or if you move time zones?  Not huge things but a serious pet-peeve from this book.
There were many other missing details also that just made the book a bit frustrating to read.  Like the bizarrely sudden switch from the little kidnapped girl who was trying to kill the main character, then suddenly just wanted to go home…whatever.
There was so much potential between the magic, a gun toting pseud-hero and more, this huge setup…for nothing.  I felt like it just didn’t live up to any kind of expectations.
And really, rainbow powers from you fingers?  I dunno, I think I’ll pass.  I suppose a younger crowd might like this, but I can’t really say.
Here’s the Smashwords and Kindle version if you’re interested.
Overall, not my cup of tea.
2/5
***I received this book as a Giveaway, this in no way affected my review.***

No comments:

Post a Comment