Sunday, October 7, 2012

Tempest, Destroyers book 1 - Holly Hook


Tempest by Holly A. Hook

Quick and Dirty:
  • Bizarre story that I could not enjoy
  • Annoying main character, like you want to violently hurt her annoying.
  • Would not suggest this book to anyone, do not plan on continuing the series
Long and Wordy:
Fair warning: this is a book review, where I will talk about the book.  That means you may find some of this could be classified as a “spoiler”.  Proceed at your own risk.
So I am going to try and avoid ranting but I do need to repeat some stuff from the quick and dirty.
Janelle, the main character is a whiny and insufferable character.  The number of times Janelle says (or thinks) “that was weird”, or “this is strange”, etc. in the first few chapters is enough to make you puke.  THEN when she finally gets her answers she has a total spaz attack!  
The whole hurricane naming thing just really didn’t make a lot of sense to me…look up how hurricane naming works, like it’s not complicated I just don’t see how it relates to the book and I dunno I was just so frustrated with the story that I didn't really care…but yet I had to mention it.  It’s funny that  this was one of the things to send me over the edge.  Ssshh, no judging me.
When Janelle gets explanations of things she then has a heart attack and starts questioning everything…useless.
I couldn’t get comfortable with the characters and so the whole book was uncomfortable to read.
Long story short I just really didn’t like this book and I would hold onto your money for something else, there are plenty of books out there waiting to be read.
BUT, don’t take my word for it!  Obviously other people have different opinions, you can check out the book on Smashwords or Amazon.
2/5
***This was received as an ARC, this did not influence my review or rating of the book.***

No comments:

Post a Comment