Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Parallel Spirits - T.S. Welti


Parallel Spirits
Quick & Dirty:
  • Good pace, easily get caught up in the story.
  • Interesting characters and interactions - love quadrangle...of sorts.
  • HORRIBLE ending, not like "oh I didn't like how it ended", more like the author took a butchers cleaver and said I want to end it....HERE and added in a few sentences at the cut off just so it HAD an ending.
Long & Wordy:
Fair warning: this is a book review, where I will talk about the book.  That means you may find some of this could be classified as a “spoiler”.  Proceed at your own risk.
So to reiterate a bit from the Q&D, Good pace and an interesting story.  Not great but...well whatever.  It was interesting, I don't have a better word so deal.
A strange story to get into and the author does a good job slowly revealing the characters and their intentions.  It definitely kept you engaged throughout.  The ARC copy we received had a numbering error so it seemed like there were MANY more pages then suddenly it skips like 70...and it's over.  Hopefully this is taken out in the final copy, very deceiving.  I feel a little jipped honestly, I kept flipping back and forth trying to see if I accidentally jumped ahead in the ebook...
The ending.  The ending sucked royal monkey parts.  Super quick, cut off fast...There was a lame "battle" and then it was just over, everyone was leaving the town and...what just happened? The story is over...?  Yup.  Done.  The ending really ruined the book for me.  If it had been a bit better I'd be more likely to read the next book in the series...
I quickly forgot about this book, honestly couldn't remember the next day which book I had just finished.  This is not a good sign because I had trouble putting it down while I was reading it...
Overall if you can excuse a bad ending (leading into a second book I'm SURE) then go for it!
Check it out on Amazon.
Overall 3.5/5
***I received this book as an ARC.  This in no way affected my review.***

No comments:

Post a Comment